Checkout our most frequently asked questions:
2) How do I Upgrade my account and how much is it?
To upgrade to PRO simply login to your account on our website using the same username and password you used when registering on the App. (you will see a tab right at the top of the page that says login). In your Online Member Centre you will see a 'Current Plan' button. Press that and then choose which of our 3 plans you would like to upgrade with. Go to Pricing
for prices and details on the 3 plans.
3) How Many free certificates do I get?
When trialing the App you get 5 free certificates, this will enable you to really try our software and get used to its simple navigation. Once you are satisfied you will then need to upgrade your account to the plan of your choice, LITE, PRO or PRO+ to unlock the App to unlimited use.
4) What does SYNC do?
Sync sends all your certificates, job sheets and invoices to your Online Member Centre, where you can view and manage all your folders, clients, reminders and lots more like updating your profile and integrating your calendar.
5) What is the REMINDERS feature and how does it work?
The reminders feature is the feature we our most proud of and by far sets us apart from any competition. Every certificate you do (if sync is enabled and you are a PRO or PRO+ user) gets sent to our secure server. In 11 months time our server recognises the certificate is due to expire and will then generate a reminder to the engineers email address. The reminder contains client and installation contact info so you, the engineer can quickly and easily contact the relevant person to re-book the appointment. This creates a huge recurring income for the engineer, and takes away all the hassle of inputing and scrolling through masses of old certificates. Once your reminder mail has been sent, you will find this in your overdue tab in Your Online cloud, where you can view and manage the status of the job all the way to re-completion.
6) I have made a mistake on my certificate can I edit it?... if so how? Once you have previewed the certificate the App will send it in to your folders, So to edit any information you will need find the certificate in your folder (under the category) then find the mistake, then make the change and hit edit, this will then overwrite the existing certificate. Note: You will not be able to change the reference number once this has been set and the certificate has been saved.
7) How do I AirPrint direct off the App and print using my mobile device? Ok AirPrint is sometimes really difficult to setup, and is more of an issue of Apple's, Generally I find if your not picking up your Printer or No Printers are found, it may be that you need to create a new unprotected wireless network just for your printer. For more info on this please click here. Another way to do this is using ad-hoc or ad hoc printing also known as peer to peer printing, most wifi printers now have this enabled so please read your instructions of your printer how to set this up.
11) How do I delete unwanted certificates?...
If you go to your folder, click on the certificate type, then either search or scroll to find the certificate you would like to delete. Once you have located it, swipe your finger from left to right there will be an option pops up to delete. If your on Android you will see an edit button top left .
Hi Guys i would like to thank Rob Jeavons aka @mistergas for writing and submitting this article. you can follow him on twitter using the tag above.
"This is a very brief overview of the two possible ways to use/configure a printer for your Van.
1) Use a Deskjet 3050A printer
2) Use any network or wifi enabled printer and a router (I use a Netgear DG834)
With both of the above, because they are usually set up within a property, you will need a inverter, these are considerably cheaper nowadays, a 300w will be ample to handle your printer and allow you to charge your drills.
Please be aware, because you need to connect to the printer, you are unable to retain your internet connection and as such, if you want to print a document, then save it to a app like Goodreader then print from that. More on that later.
The first of the two methods is the most simplistic, because the printer (3050A) has its now mini wifi router in it, you can set up your iPhone or iPad to connect to it (AirPrint). I didn't change any of the settings on the printer, I allowed it to startup and then looked for it with my iPad, which found it quite easily and allowed me to print directly too it. This method also allows you to remain connected to your 3g network so if your using Invoice2Go, (as this connects to their servers to generate the invoice) then select the printer. Simple as that.
The second method is slightly more complicated, however I find this works for me as I have been able to choose a thinner and better printer to fit in the van (the 3050A is quite bulky and using a lot of ink in my opinion.) I use a HP Photosmart 5510, which can connect via wireless to my router, the router is the weird part, you need to think of it as a bridge from your printer to your iPad or iPhone, its NOT to connect it to the internet as many will think. So when I need to print, I goto wifi on my iPad, change from my 3g network to my router network (so i lose access to the internet) but I'm now connected to my mini network which has my printer on it. I print my document (now you can see why you have to save the document locally - for example into good reader) before printing it.
Hope that helps a little....